Call for Harmony House Board Members
Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer opportunity within the local community? Are you interested in women’s rights and empowerment? If you’ve answered yes, your search is over!
Harmony House, Ottawa’s only second-stage women’s shelter, is seeking volunteer board members who are willing to bring their skills, expertise, and energy to the table. Join an amazing team of women who are passionate about supporting women and children in need and advocating for the rights of women fleeing violence. Candidates should be self-motivated, professional, and dedicated to ending violence against women through Board service.
An ideal candidate should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Industry knowledge (violence against women, non-profit, and/or business);
• Senior Management;
• Human Resources / Performance Management;
• Legal / Regulatory;
• Operational / Organizational;
• Negotiation and Conflict Resolution;
• Risk Management;
• Strategic Planning;
• Governance / Policy;
• Fundraising / Marketing
We welcome new members who:
• Are female;
• Are over 18 years old;
• Are supportive of our Mission Statement;
• Available once a month for board meetings;
• Available once a month for committee meetings
The Board meets 10 times a year in Downtown Ottawa to discuss and review operations and committee work. The approximate time commitment is 10-15 hours per month.
Interested? Please email us at [email protected]; we look forward to hearing from you!