Harmony House is hiring a Full-Time Fundraising and Brand Development Manager
Apply to join our progressive team in running Ottawa’s only second-stage women’s shelter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 8th, 2021 at 5pm
Are you ready to make a difference in your community?
Join a passionate team whose mission is to provide safe, supportive transitional housing while empowering survivors of violence as they rebuild their lives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraising and Brand Development Managers primary goals are to develop and promote the Harmony House brand in Ottawa, and to provide leadership on growing the organization’s fundraising initiatives including donor stewardship and upcycling, special events, corporate sponsorships, community awareness and social media presence. The successful candidate will identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities with a focus on donor stewardship and increased support from corporations and individuals, including major and planned gifts, while implementing strategic partnerships with local businesses. This is a permanent, full-time employment contract with benefits.
The Fundraising and Brand Development Manager maintains a high level of professionalism when working with donors, sponsors, participants and volunteers, and must be able to work autonomously and collaboratively with Harmony House’s Executive Director, staff, and Board of Directors to ensure the following responsibilities are executed effectively:
In conjunction with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the Fundraising and Brand Development Manager is responsible for developing a 3-year fundraising strategy for Harmony House that addresses six key areas:
- Donor development and cultivation
- Major gifts
- Corporate sponsorship
- Special events
- Grant writing
- Marketing and communications/ Social Media
- Managing 3rd party events
- Strategic Networking/events
- Develops a communication plan to promote Harmony House to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities
- Appeal letters
- Social Media presence
- Oversees the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for fundraising initiatives
- Maintains ongoing communication about fundraising initiatives with local media, politicians, community leaders etc., in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Creates and updates collateral materials to support gift cultivation
- Communicates regularly with potential and existing major donors and corporate sponsors
- Monitors, evaluates and reports regularly to the Executive Director all fundraising activities to ensure the fundraising targets are being achieved
- Manages special events, such as the annual Red and White (wine and food tasting event)
- Remains current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising
- Develops and solicits sponsors, donors and execute ticket sales for any events
- Works in closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage, support, train, motivate, and evaluate fund development volunteers as required
- Holds regular meetings with volunteer fundraising committee while keeping the Executive Director informed of the committee’s work
- Ensures that the donor database information is current and accurate
- Works with the Administrator to ensure proper receipting is tracked and maintained within CRA guidelines (using the fundraising database)
- Explores other avenues of fundraising which may include researching and writing grant proposals.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports for the Board of Directors and attends monthly board meetings
- Ensures Executive Director and Board of Directors are kept informed of fundraising activities and provides marketing materials for upcoming events
- Participates in the budget development process and sets annual fundraising goals and targets
- Completes all other assignments as required by the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Attends staff meetings upon invitation
- Works based out of Harmony House during the first three months of starting the job, the remainder of the contract may be completed at a home office (During COVID this will be reviewed).
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered a strong asset.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in marketing, communication or related field
- Two to five years of progressive fundraising experience an asset
- Experience managing programs in fundraising or sales
- Experience in board or committee participation
- Experience in a non-profit environment
- Experience in project or program management
- Experience and contacts in the Ottawa Community considered an asset
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in MS Office
- Experience leveraging social media/digital media opportunities
- Familiarity with fundraising databases
- Having a car would be an asset
The Fundraising and Brand Development Manager should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Effective Communicator – Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and is comfortable speaking in public.
- Relationship Builder – Works to develop and strengthen relationships with staff, Executive Director, Board of Directors, volunteers, donors and strategic partners to effectively achieve the goals of the organization.
- Collaborator – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance the effectiveness of Harmony House.
- Innovator – Develops new and unique ways to raise funds and market the organization.
- Planner / Organizer – Sets priorities and determines strategies to move the organization forward, setting action plans and monitoring results while handling several high priority items simultaneously.
- Self-Regulator – Able to work independently, setting own work schedule, managing time and monitoring progress towards goals.
- Analytical Thinker – Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Interested applicants, please apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to [email protected].com.
We will contact you if your candidate profile matches our hiring needs.
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: $22/hour + benefits and vacation
Schedule: Monday to Friday and some weekend work required – attending events, 3rd party donation, cheque and in-kind pick ups.