Tuesday, November 28th
, is #GivingTuesday. This special day embodies the spirit of giving during the upcoming holiday season, and we are taking this opportunity to celebrate with those who support Harmony House’s mission.
This year, give the “Gift of joy” to children fleeing violence!
With YOUR help, we want to raise enough funds to create a safer, happier space for the children at Harmony House.
Thanks to our friends at Royal LePage Team Realty and Shelter Foundation, every dollar you donate will be matched up to $20,000! This year, give the gift of Joy and know that your donation goes even further! Could you help us reach our goal of $40,000?
Harmony House is partnering with Royal LePage Team Realty and Shelter Foundation for Giving Tuesday 2023 to raise enough funds for a childcare play area makeover!
Harmony House Women’s Shelter is a safe haven for women and children in our community who are fleeing domestic abuse situations. Our mission is to empower and support these individuals as they seek to rebuild their lives, and we are proud to offer a wide range of services to help them do just that.
One of the most important services we provide is childcare.
We recognize that the children who come to Harmony House have been through a great deal of trauma, and we want to be able to offer them a safe, supportive environment where they can relax, play, and just be kids.
That’s why we’re launching a GivingTuesday fundraising campaign in 2023 to raise $40,000 to improve our children’s play areas, both indoors and outdoors. With your help, we can create a safer, happier space for the children at Harmony House.
Our GivingTuesday fundraising campaign has three main goals:
Currently, our outdoor play area is functional, but it’s not as safe or engaging as we’d like it to be. With your support, we will be able to:
- Improve our outdoor play area
- Enhance our indoor childcare space
- Create a “breathing area” for children who need a quiet place to relax
- Improve our Outdoor Play Area
Our indoor childcare space is in need of some upgrades to make it a more welcoming, comfortable, and stimulating environment. With your support, we will be able to:
- Add age-appropriate play features
- Create a designated area for outdoor art projects and sensory play
- Enhance our Indoor Childcare Space
We recognize that some children need a quieter, more peaceful space where they can go to relax and process their emotions. With your support, we will be able to:
- Add new age-appropriate toys and games, including educational and sensory-focused items and educational books.
- Purchase comfortable seating and rugs to create a cozy and inviting space
- Repaint the walls and add murals to create a visually appealing environment
- Create a “Breathing area” for Children.
- Convert a small area into a “breathing area” with comfortable seating, soft lighting, and calming décor
- Equip the room with age-appropriate mindfulness activities, such as colouring books, quiet games, and sensory items
Take advantage of this awesome matching opportunity by making your gift by November 28th
. Consider donating or spread the word on your social media, hashtag #GivingTuesday and remember to tag Harmony House.
Thank you for your fantastic support and generosity – your gift will help impact the lives of women and children in our community!