How to apply

Becoming a resident

Harmony House is a second-stage shelter, which means that residents are referred to us from first-stage shelters as well as from various social service agencies. Applications may be obtained from them. You can also fill out a Harmony House Client Application Form and fax it to our Women’s Advocate at 613-567-1707 or email [email protected].

Residents of Harmony House live in individual apartments at rent-geared-to-income. Women can live with their children onsite for up to a year and access our support programs and services. 


If you are leaving home to escape violence, try to take these items with you:

Identification for you and for each of your children:
  • Birth certificate
  • Citizenship paper
  • Passport
  • Health card
  • Driver’s license
  • Social insurance card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Custody papers
Other needs:
  • Credit cards
  • Bank cards
  • Bank statements
  • Police reports
  • Proof of cohabitation (if your abuser was residing with you) such as a lease, mortgage documents, utility, or other bills with the abuser’s name on the address
  • Any medications that you or your children require
  • Something comforting for your children, such as a toy or a favourite blanket